Monday, August 19, 2013

I have a funny story to tell you about today.  I decided over the weekend that I could not stand my kid's orange cubbies that they put their supplies in.  They are very old and grungy. I also decided they didn't match my classroom colors of aqua and green.  So I decided to spray paint them blue. I know I had the whole summer to do this but I decided to wait until school starts!  I guess I like stress!  They do look nice but I look like a Smurf!  It doesn't matter what I paint I always end up wearing it.  I did discover that Goo Be Gone will cut through the paint so the Smurf in me has disappeared which is a good thing because I had to go back to work today.
This year we have 2 work days before school starts.  We had meetings this morning and then we could work in our rooms.  Tomorrow we are in meetings for the entire day.  The children will start on Wednesday.  We are all up to 26 children and counting.  That's a large class for us. 104 first graders!  My largest class was 35 first graders a long time ago.  I still have a cute note a sub wrote me.  She drew 35 stick children and said I don't know how you do this every day!  I hope if you are starting back to school this week that you have a great week and a great class too.  I know I am anxious to use some of the new items I just bought on TPT.

I promise I will take my camera to school this week to take pictures of my room.  I am not allowed to take pictures of the children in my room or I would probably share those with you too.  Have a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment